These file formats are supported by dynamic exchange. This means that Maya software must be setup on your computer.
The format support includes support of UV textures.
Using the Maya dynamic exchange is easy. Below is a brief explanation on the way to use it.
Setup Maya format support:
- To support Maya dynamic exchange, do not forget to select Maya File Support from the 3DBrowser setup. If you already setup 3DBrowser and forget to select Maya support, just run the setup application again.
- You must select the appropriate version of the file format, depending on your Maya version. If you have Maya 2014, select Support Maya 2014 files in the setup application.
- Then setup will ask you a Maya folder. Select the appropriate Maya folder (ie. C:\Program files\Autodesk\Maya2014\).
- Once completed the setup has put the Maya2Mootools_2014_x64.exe in your Maya/bin folder.
Note that if you use Maya 64 bits, you must run 3DBrowser setup and select the x64 bits version of the application
Just run 3DBrowser and browse your Maya folders. 3DBrowser should display your files automatically.
If your Maya path has been lost, it may ask you for the Maya folder location.
Convert a file to Maya format:
Maya format (ma or mb) is now available in the format drop down menu when you select the Convert Files command or when you use the File > Save As... command from the 3D Viewer.
Just select the maya format and enter a filename for your maya file.
Optimize a Maya file:
- Select the Maya file to optimize.
- Select Tools > 3D > Polygon Cruncher
- Optimize with Polygon Cruncher
- Click on Save As...
- Select Maya file format and enter a filename.
You may need to modify the Maya path. This can be done using the Tools > Preferences dialog from the 3D Viewer.
Enter the correct Maya Path in the appropriate field, under General preferences Tab. Note that the path must be the Maya folder (the folder where Maya2Mootools.exe is stored).
If the dynamic exchange does not work:
- Verify that you select the correct Maya file format version from the 3DBrowser setup.
If you run Maya 2012 (32 bits) , you must use Maya 2012 file support running 3DBrowser setup using the 32 bit mode
If you run Maya 2015 (64 bits), you must use Maya 2015 file support running 3DBrowser setup using the 64 bits option...
- Verify that Maya2Mootools_XXXX[_x64].exe is stored in your Maya/bin folder.
- Verify that your Maya path is correctly defined from the 3D viewer preferences.