3DBrowser and Windows Explorer hangs on Win10 2004

Exchanges about 3DBrowser
mootools
Site Admin

3DBrowser and Windows Explorer hangs on Win10 2004

Post by mootools » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:44 am

Hello,

Some users report the following problem:

Whenever I open a file (jpeg, 3d, does`t matter) from within Windows Explorer by double click, it opens perfectly fine, no problem here. BUT: When I CLOSE the 3D Browser window somwehow the Windows Explorer window gets stucked/hangs up for 2 to 3 seconds. Nothing crashes or anything, but there is just this huge delay (I cant navigate Windows for a short moment when Windows Explorer is freezed). And this is very annoying if you want to quickly open and view some files. I do not remember when this problem started (perhaps after the last 3D Browser or Windows Update?). I can`t remeber having this problem on my machine before (I am using 3D Browser for several years now). I already uninstalled and reinstalled 3D Browser, but this did not help. Do you have any idea what might cause this "Windows Explorer Freeze"-bug when I close 3D Browser?

The problem was introduced in Win 10 2004 update and cause trouble to all application that use DDE for opening files.
https://resource.dopus.com/t/explorer-e ... date/36650

A workaround is to deactivate dde for 3DBrowser. You must have administrator privileges.
  • Open Regedit.exe
  • Move to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\3DBrowser.3D.1\shell\Open
  • Delete ddeexec key
  • Move to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\3DBrowser.Archive.1\shell\Open
  • Delete ddeexec key
  • Do it for all Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\3DBrowser.XXXXXX.1\shell\Open keys
A restart might be needed, so that potion takes effect, as the action might be kept in cache.

3drenderingindia

Re: 3DBrowser and Windows Explorer hangs on Win10 2004

Post by 3drenderingindia » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:04 am

I have the same problem and the best solution you have.Thank you