building webpages?

Exchanges about 3DBrowser
CoSAvfx

building webpages?

Post by CoSAvfx » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:54 am

I'm looking at purchasing 3DBrowser but have a couple questions- I was reading that 3D Browser allows you to build web pages, are these purely for viewing assets, or can it be configured in an intra-net to allow for downloads from the database?
Basically, I'm trying to set up an intra-net based site that acts as a front end to our 2D/3D Vault, allowing artists to search for models and images and then download them to the desired location. Is this possible with 3D Browser?

thanks!

mootools
Site Admin

Re: building webpages?

Post by mootools » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:20 am

Hello,

The HTML page generator included in 3DBrowser allows to generate web pages from files store in one or more a specific folders.
It could use a template created by yourself but it is intended to be used for simple usage.

What you describe requires something more sophisticated. You may use a ready made framework such Wordpress or Joomla which provides many powerful features.

3DBrowser could help any way, to generate the thumbnails from your assets and fill the database.

Good luck,
Manuel

CoSAvfx

Re: building webpages?

Post by CoSAvfx » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:00 am

Hello Manuel,
I just downloaded and tried 3DB for it's webpage creation, and I understand what you're saying and how it has simple functionality.

Thanks!

P.