Setting up Polygon Cruncher for 3ds Max
- Launch Polygon Cruncher setup.
- Select if you want to perform a 64 bits setup or a 32 bits setup, depending on the version of 3ds Max you have.
If you have 3ds Max 2012 (32 bits) then you must select the x32 bits option.
If you have 3ds Max 2015 (only available in 64 bits) then you must select the x64 bit option.
- At the top of the list you will find the Stand Alone version of Polygon Cruncher. Check it if you want to be able to run Polygon
Cruncher out of 3ds Max in its stand alone version
- Move down the list and select the plugin version accordingly to your 3ds Max version.
If you have 3ds Max 2015 then check 3DS Max (x64 bits) 2015.
If you also have 3ds Max 2013, then you can also check 3ds Max (x64 bits) 2013.
Do not check a given version of 3ds Max if you don't want have that version or if you don't want Polygon Cruncher to be setup for that version.
This is as simple as that!
- For each 3ds Max version you had check, you will be asked to point out the Stdplugs folder of corresponding 3ds Max version. This Stdplugs folder contains the 3ds Max plugins loaded at 3ds Max startup.
For example in the left screenshot, we point out the 3ds Max 2015 stdplugs folder.
If you setup Polygon Cruncher for several versions of 3ds Max, look carefully the top line of the dialog: it gives you information about the version of 3ds Max to be pointed out.
The setup does it job and once finish you can close it and run 3ds Max or run Polygon Cruncher stand alone if you select it. You'll find a shortcut to it on the desktop.
You'll find Polygon Cruncher as a modifier in the modifier list.
- Create a mesh then switch to modifier tab.
- In the list Select Polygon Cruncher. The optimization option dialog is then applied to the mesh.
Step 6You'll also find Polygon Cruncher as an utility plugin in the in the modifier list. This plugin allows to optimize in an external OpenGL window.
- Create a mesh then switch to utility tab.
- Click on the configuration button sets and move to Mootools section.
- Double click on Polygon Cruncher to add it to the default utility list.
- Close the dialog and click on the Polygon Cruncher button to display the option.