Problems loading 3D PhotoBrowser...

Exchanges about 3DBrowser
BobTwo

Problems loading 3D PhotoBrowser...

Post by BobTwo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:11 am

I recently purchased a single license user edition of the 3D Photo Browser program and so far have been unable to load it successfully on my computer. I am running Vista Home Premium x32 service pack one and when I download the program, it installs fine, but will not open. I see the splash screen, get the product choice selection screen, click on the 3D Photo Browser selection and my computer immediately tells me that it cannot open the program and tries (and fails) to search for a solution on the internet. I also tried loading the program from the actual backup disk that was sent to me with the same results. I really need to figure out some way to get the program to work for me so I can convert some Maya files to STL files for 3D printing. I would be very grateful if anyone has any advice on how to solve this dilemma.

mootools
Site Admin

Re: Problems loading 3D PhotoBrowser...

Post by mootools » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:13 pm

Hello,

Please I apologize for the inconvenience.

This is very strange that the application closed at opening. It seems that there is a conflict with a previous version.
Here are solution that I can propose to you:

a- Sending error report

An important thing, is to send the crash error report. A dialog box should appears when the application crashes.
This dialog box proposes you to send a report.

If no dialog box appears you might find some DebugReportFile.zip files in your Program Files\3D Photo Browser
If you have such files, please send them at our technical support;

This files are very important as they allow to see exactly where the bug appear.

b- Setting up the application again

The bug might be the result of a preference conflict.
You can try to delete the whole Program Files\3D Photo Browser folder and setup the application. (please backup any important files that might be here if needed).

Let me know if the second solution help you.
You can also wait for the latest version. It should be release during this week.

Thanks,
Manuel

BobTwo

Re: Problems loading 3D PhotoBrowser...

Post by BobTwo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:07 am

Thanks for the input, but I still suffer from the same situation. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times with no success. I really want to use this program so do not misunderstand my concerns as criticism. After all, I can't comment on something I have yet to be able to use. Will my purchase information be valid on the new version of 3D Photo Browser? If so, maybe that will solve my problems.