Keep object material UVW

Exchanges about Polygon Cruncher
STONEINC

Keep object material UVW

Post by STONEINC » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Hello,

I would like to know if I used cruncher after applying the uvw map/material if the mesh keeps the texture assigned or if I do have to unwrap it again?

mootools
Site Admin

Re: Keep object material UVW

Post by mootools » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:18 pm

Hello,

When you use Polygon Cruncher in 3ds Max (utility plugin) there is 2 modes:
  • Apply modifiers unchecked: this is the default mode.
    In this mode the modifier stack is kept. Polygon Cruncher optimizes the UVW map and keeps any UV seams during the optimization (you have to check Keep UV and select protect UV which is the best mode).
    Note: If you have a topology dependent modifier you might have a warning before optimizing, and you should use the above mode.
  • Apply modifiers checked: In this mode the modifier stack is collapsed and your mesh is turned to editable mesh with no modifier.
    Polygon Cruncher optimizes UVW map and keeps any UV seams during the optimization (once more check Keep UV and select Protect UV).
    The optimized object shows you UVW when you exit Polygon Cruncher.
The thing to remember: whatever the mode you use, you can keep the UVW by check Keep UV.

I hope this help,
Manuel

STONEINC

Post by STONEINC » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:56 pm

That helps a lot thank you so much

asdeideas

Post by asdeideas » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:53 pm

mootools wrote:Hello,

When you use Polygon Cruncher in 3ds Max (utility plugin) there is 2 modes:
  • Apply modifiers unchecked: this is the default mode.
    In this mode the modifier stack is kept. Polygon Cruncher optimizes the UVW map and keeps any UV seams during the optimization (you have to check Keep UV and select protect UV which is the best mode).
    Note: If you have a topology dependent modifier you might have a warning before optimizing, and you should use the above mode.
  • Apply modifiers checked: In this mode the modifier stack is collapsed and your mesh is turned to editable mesh with no modifier.
    Polygon Cruncher optimizes UVW map and keeps any UV seams during the optimization (once more check Keep UV and select Protect UV).
    The optimized object shows you UVW when you exit Polygon Cruncher.
The thing to remember: whatever the mode you use, you can keep the UVW by check Keep UV.

I hope this help,
Manuel
Thanks for yout help Manuel
Empresa especializada en diseño web Madrid. Agencia de diseño y desarrollo de páginas web y tiendas online, diseño gráfico y Marketing Online en Madrid.