Re: Pol Cruncher & 3D Ph. Browser dual setup error with 3ds

Exchanges about Polygon Cruncher
MRipper

Post by MRipper » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:21 am

Hey, first, I gotta say that this Plugin sure is great! If it would work properly, that is. Thing is, I can't save my Optimized Models if the 3D Photo Browser Plugin isn't running.

My copy of 3ds Max 2010(64-Bit) will crash if I try to start it while both Polygon Cruncher and 3D PB Plugins are located in stdplugs.

Giving me this Error;

Code: Select all

DLL <C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2010\stdplugs\PolygonCruncher.ply.9_2010_x64.dlu> failed to initialize.
Error Code 317 - Can not find message text for message number 0x%1 in message file for %2.
If I start 3ds Max 2010 with either only PolygonCruncher or 3D PB - it starts up fine!

Sincerely,
MRipper-

mootools
Site Admin

Re: Pol Cruncher & 3D Ph. Browser dual setup error with 3ds Max

Post by mootools » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Hello,

I have to test this situation.
I know that in previous version Polygon Cruncher plugin and 3D photo Browser plugin cannot be setup at the same time. But I thought that problem was solved now.

I think that the problem came from MFC dependencies.
Polygon Cruncher 9.0 uses the latest MFC runtime while 3D Photo Browser 10.61 uses a different runtime. And both runtime conflicts...

The problem should disappear once the new 3D Photo Browser will be available, in the coming weeks.

I will check that the two software can be setup with 3ds Max.

Thanks for your report,
Manuel

josephbiden

Post by josephbiden » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:40 pm

Unfortunately, it seems that you are experiencing an issue with the Pol Cruncher & 3D Ph. Browser dual setup. It is possible that there is an incompatibility between the two programs. I would recommend that you check the version of the 3ds software you are using to ensure it is up-to-date and compatible with the Pol Cruncher & 3D Ph. Browser. Additionally, make sure that the program you are using to access 3ds is also updated to the latest version. It may also be helpful to try running the Pol Cruncher & 3D Ph. Browser separately to see if the issue is resolved. If this does not work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the programs to resolve the issue.