Questions regarding thumbnails, keywords & licenses

Exchanges about 3DBrowser
FHilmer

Questions regarding thumbnails, keywords & licenses

Post by FHilmer » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:11 pm

Hello,
I am currently evaluating 3DBrowser and so far, I very much like what I see. Nevertheless, there are a few questions where I am unable to find answers and hope that somebody can help me:

Thumbnail Generation.
I like the auto thumbnail generation & I like that you can manually replace the thumbnail with an image of your own. Can this replacing of a thumbnail be automated, e.g. “if there is an image in the same folder as the 3D file, with the same name as the 3D file, use that image as a thumbnail instead of generating a new thumbnail”?

Keywords
Is there a way to centrally manage keywords and to create a keyword hierarchy / nest keywords, e.g. food –> vegetables -> cucumber.
Is there a way to show the user all existing keywords when searching, so that the user can klick keywords instead of having to enter them via keyboard?

Licenses
Are the licenses per user or per machine? Is it possible to use floating licenses with a license server?

Thank you very much for your answers!
Florian

mootools
Site Admin

Re: Questions regarding thumbnails, keywords & licenses

Post by mootools » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:13 pm

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your interest about 3DBrowser.

Thumbnails generation
No it cannot be automatically associated. This is a nice idea, and this has been added to the todo list.

Keywords
You can define a predefined keyword list which is not hierarchically organized.
The search does not give access to the list and you must type them.
At least a right click with predefine keyword list would be nice. Add to todo list to.

Licenses
There is no floating license even if our activation system is a way to have floating license.
If you buy 10 licenses of 3DBrowser, you can setup 3DBrowser on more than 10 computers but you can use 3DBrowser on 10 computers where is has been activated.
You can move at any time a license from one computer to the other by simply using the Help > Activate / Help > Deactivate command.

I hope that it helps,
Manuel