- Favorites opens with a simple click
- Improving stability by taking care of crash report errors
- Improves error report user experience.
- Video and audio extensions are not associated to 3DBrowser by default any more
- Improve Open File with 3DBrowser as it might fails when called from an external application (ie 7Zip)
- Add support for Maya 2013 SP2.
- 3ds Max: improving normal conversion
- Sketchup: front / back materials are handled in a better way
- 3D Viewer displays scenes faster and improves speed when changing material show/hide state.
- Update ExifTool version. It corrects a bug that can make metadata retrieval fails.
- Update Digital Camera Raw support and add new raw file supports (RW2, MEF, NRW...)
- Open / Save file selector dialog crashes the application under some particular computer configuration.
- Show / hide toolbars removes the menu.
- opening several files from explorer fails when Recycle Viewers is unchecked in the preferences.
- Deleting a file in the viewer jump to the next file even when operation is canceled.
- The selection in the thumbnail view is not updated when the current file is changed from a viewer.
- Correct a bug related that occurs when clicking on the Explorer thumbnail preview checkboxes in Preferences / Extensions and Windows Shell.
- Commands are not called when a toolbar is in floating mode (undocked).
- Batch commands are not opened when called from the menu.
- 3ds Max 2014: normals are incorrectly supported.
- 3ds Max file exchange plugin might crash in some circumstance. The stability has been improved.
- Merge Objects sometimes loses UV texturing.
- Merge Objects loses double face material properties (Sketchup files).
- Texture with path containing the / character might not be loaded.
- planar / spherical... texturing is sometime loses when performing specific 3D operations.
- The reset to default button is sometime shown even when default settings are selected in the 3D Exportation options dialog.
- Collada import: imports sometime crash.
- 3DS export: texture are renamed to 8.3 dos format when Move Texture to folder is checked in the exportation options.
- Wavefront import: long lines might be stripped, resulting in a loading failure.
VRML97: textures which names contains the / character lead to loading failure.
- Metadata: reading metadata using multithread with exif tool. This result is improving thumbnail computation.
- Preferences: tooltips now show the same text that the one which is defined for the custom view mode
- Preferences: preference display settings has been improved.
- Preferences: extension association dialog has been improved and association schema under Windows 8 has been improved
- Main window: Improvement in the folder tree multiselection with Ctrl key.
- Main window: fast file filtering is now removed when changing current folder
- Main window: contextual menu in the tree folder now shows zip compression command
- Setup: the application now appears in the Windows default application dialog.
Setup: Setup is larger for a greater comfort
- Setup: shortcuts are created in a way that avoid double icons when pinned to Windows 7/8 taskbar
- 3ds Max 2014 plugin is available
- Maya 2014 plugin is available
- Now reading Open Inventor files (iv files)
- Exportation: exportation dialog now allows to move associated textures to a particular folder.
- Viewer: Restore user defined point of view in 3D viewer when opening a file.
- Vrml97: now handling correctly normals, uvs, vertex colors (per face / per indexes)
- Vrml97: now support box, sphere, cone, cylinder primitives
- Vrml 1: now support box, sphere, cone, cylinder primitives
- Vrml 1: now handling transform nodes
- CMYK bitmap are now correctly displayed
- Viewer: image printing now include an option to print at real size when image resolution is defined.
- PDF is now limited in size when opening in the image viewer (image were sometime very large)
Polygon Cruncher StandAlone
- Option dialog is larger
- Main window: focus is correctly restored when using prev/next directory
- Main window: file shortcut thumbnails are not recognized correctly.
- Main window: the thumbnail view does not reset the scroller position when changing the vignette size.
- Main window: this is not possible anymore to move thumbnails position when using group mode. This previously result in the loss of the user custom sort.
- Main window: updating catalogs might crash using Catalog Update command
- Main window: sort correctly file names when displaying the content of several folders.
- Main window: updating shell explorer thumbnail sometime freezes 3DBrowser when using Update Catalogs feature
- Main window: searching files from search panel sometime crash the application. Flickering has been reduced when displaying found files. Founded files are updated in order to see the thumbnails
- Main window: Print catalog command does not show correctly header and footnote
- Main window: Printing can lead to a crash if default printer has been removed
- Main window: custom extension filter text is corrupted by fast file filtering text
- Main window: zip files can now be deleted from tree folder
- The crash dialog only appears if a useful file can be sent
- Albums: take care of the excluded file list when opening several folders.
- Albums: albums no handle correctly the user custom sort order.
- Preferences: catalogue repository preferences fixes (it was not working)
- Preferences: preferences draw transparency thumbnail setting was not taken into account.
- Viewers: application shortcuts are not display correctly when opening the viewer directly from Windows Explorer.
- Viewers: Prev/Next image does nothing if a file is not recognized.
- No more Tip of the day dialog at startup
- Viewer: it now displays "Scene List" instead "Image List"
- Viewer: it now reflects correctly material changes
- Exportation: exportation dialog is sometime incorrectly displayed.
- Sketchup: Sketchup.exe now automatically exit after a given period of inactivity
- SKetchup: correct a path problem for sketchup that make file not always readed under x64 bit OS
- Sketchup: Sketchup.exe does not create plugin directory any more.
- Sketchup: scene is sometime badly exported (triangulation is now performed before exportation)
- Sketchup: face with different material on front and back are now supported without creating extra faces.
- Sketchup:randomly crash
- 3ds Max: Importing normal in 3ds Max can lead to a crash.
- 3ds Max: Importing vertex color in 3ds Max is now supported
- Vrml97: now support wrl97 and vrml extensions
- Ply: exportation fails when scene has UVs
- Truespace: UVs were incorrectly exported
- Wavefront: uppercases in some files make some files to be incorrectly readed.
- Viewer: Show Image Sequence shows nothing when image size is too large. Improving the text display.
- Viewer: can now use the zoom feature when cropping
- Viewer: image with alpha channel are now correctly displayed when zooming.
- PDF: files are now shown through Ghostscript even if the path contains unicode characters.
- Viewer: Resize command does not handle correctly use the largest/smallest dimension when batch resizing images.
A lot of new features are available in this release and first of all the application has a new name: 3D Photo Browser becomes 3DBrowser. We will now try to give an exhaustive list of the new features...
- Catalogues are open faster. This allows to browse large folder more quickly.
- Directory change is now possible even when a preview is being computed. It is not necessary to wait the end of the preview calculation.
- Adding a new feature that provide a fast filtering of the files. This feature displays the files that contain a given text in its metada or in the filename.
- File metadata (jpeg images particularly) are now read or write using exiftool.
- Open With Explorer new feature to open the selected files in an explorer window.
- New dialog for updating the current catalog. The Scan directories feature has been removed and the feature has been merged with Update Catalogs feature.
- Right click on a folder now give a simplest menu. The feature Display Directory Size has been added in the menu as well as Select Direct Subfolders and Select All Subfolders.
- Previous /Next / Parent Folder features are now available in the main toolbar.
- New feature to show or hide the transparency on thumbnail of images.
- Fast application access toolbars are now available in the image and 3D viewers.
- It's now possible to open a lot of files in the viewer without waiting.
- The thumbnail selection is kept when closing a viewer.
- Keyboard shortcuts for Edit Information / Edit Keywords / Properties / Search now allow to retrieve the directory panel by pressing the key a second time.
- File preview now work when opening a file selector in an external application.
- Open With dialog now displays more application that can handle the selected file.
- It's now possible to drag and drop a file to the fast access application toolbar.
- A default file name is given to images paste from the clipboard in the thumbnails window.
- Enter key now opens 3DBrowser when opening a file from the explorer(Ctrl+Enter to exit the application without opening 3DBrowser)
- Right and left arrows now cycle through the viewer opened files (when several files are opened with a viewer).
- Files are now sorted by name in the viewers.
- It's now possible to rename a folder from the thumbnail view.
- Zip archive for folders is now created in the parent directory of the compressed folder.
Polygon Cruncher 10.1 is now available for 3DBrowser
- New Progressive optimization mode which takes into account the respective number of faces of each objects. Object with few faces are optimized last and are kept even at high optimization ratio
- New modes for optimizing UVs, vertex colors and normals. Points which are on UV seams, normal or vertex colors boundaries are no longer "frozen". This removes the spider web effect which appears at high optimization ratio in previous versions.
- New mode for keeping the material boundaries. Points that belong to the boundaries are no longer frozen.
- The line of symmetry is no longer frozen when optimizing using symmetric mode, thus avoiding a spider web effect along this line.
- A new setting allows to stop automatically the optimization when face deletion produces bad results.
- Adding Auto Calculate feature for Polygon Cruncher.
- Improved optimization for planar surfaces.
- Selecting the discontinuities for vertex colors has been improved.
- Memory requirements have been reduced by 30%
- New display mode for viewing the optimization constraints.
- Improved interface, improved tool tips. It is no possible to deactivate tooltips.
- Plugins for 3ds Max 2013.
- Plugin for Maya 2013.
- Improved Collada I/O.
- LXO format support.
- VRML97 format support (read only).
- Sketchup format support (now read and write).
- DXF support improved.
- 3DS import now supports material or texture name longer than 13 chars.
- Material conversion has been improved when getting scene from 3ds Max.
- Add the Update mode when saving a file. This mode update the original file. It modifies only the geometry and keep all other information (animation, materials...).
This mode is available for LXO, Collada, XSI.
- New normal calculation which result in an improved display.
- Print feature now propose automatic setting features.
- A default file name is given to the scene imported from 3ds Max.
- Default background color is now a grey color.
- It's now possible to view an image and its transparency (alpha channel) on a checker.
- New feature to display a numbered image sequence smoothly.
- New feature to display the first and the last image of the image list.
- Print feature now propose automatic setting features.
- Bmp, ico, cur format are now betterly handled.
- The white frame around the image has been removed.
- Default background color is now a grey color.
- Custom file sort is now working again.
- Multiple folder selection is now working again.
- The crash dialog displayed something has been removed.
- The point and face number was incorrect when the scene has some patch.
- Patch conversion now display objects correctly.
- Update Catalogue (Ctrl+U) feature now allows to update the Windows Explorer thumbnails.
- Catalogues files are now completely hidden when hidden files is selected in the preferences settings.
- Exif is now supported for TIFF files.
- Pdf, ps, eps, ai (and many vectoriel formats) are now read and written through the free software GhostScript.
- File description (keywords, title...) were sometime lose when moving files.
- Album synchronisation was not always correctly performed.
- Application sometime crashed when exiting.
- Double click on the top left icon thumbnail sometime opened a menu with incorrect entries.
- Clicking on task bar Exit Application menu led to a crash.
- The application locked several folders making their deletion impossible from Windows explorer while its opened.
- Several 3DBrowser instances were sometime launched.
- No more messages are displayed while updating thumbnails
- The application was sometime locked when updating the thumbnails.
- Zip thumbnails are generated at the correct size.
- 3DS export might crashed when generating UV.
- 3DS Max plugins didn't update meshes when they belong to hierarchy.
- Image with non latin characters were not be readed /saved.
- Tiff files sometime crashed due to some particular exif information.
Polygon Cruncher 9.12
- 3ds Max plugins didn't update objects after optimization, if they belong to a hierarchy.
- Checking / unchecking optimization checkboxes (selection panel) led to a crash.
- Checking / unchecking optimization checkboxes (selection panel) made object disapear.
- Frozen faces display was incorrect in the viewer.
- Toolbar button state was not always updated.
- Updating the thumbnails leads to a frozen application.
- Add Buy application feature and a direct shortcut to application registration web page.
- Seach feature on file name (simple mode) and canceling a search has been improved.
- A single dialog box is displayed when some files are missing in an album.
- Sketchup support now works under 3DBrowser x64 bits.
- 3ds Max plugins now works for both x32 and x64 bits version of 3DBrowser. This means that you can run 3ds Max x32 bits and send a file to 3DBrowser x64 bits (and vice versa).
- Same things for Maya plugin.
- 3ds Max 2012 plugin support
- Maya 2012 plugin support
- Drag and drop can lead to a crash.
- Explorer thumbnails: application deadlock occurs sometimes.
- Explorer thumbnails: application sometime displays some dialog box.
- Removing NTFS synchronization which produces application dead lock under some circumstances.
- Lightwave LWS import: meshes are not correctly positioned when reading a Lightwave scene.
- Skethup import: textures might incorrectly handled under certains circumstances (different textures with the same file name).
- Collada export: material names might contains special characters which make the file unreadable for external software.
- Resize feature: the settings are not correctly taken into account, except when using the ratio setting.
- Wavefront : reading performance has been improved.
- Material name is now sort alphabetically..
- 3DS: object scale is now keep when reading and saving a 3ds file.
- Updating the thumbnails in 3DBrowser now generates a refresh of the Windows Explorer thumbnails.
- Explorer: a thumbnail computed for the explorer are not cached for 3DBrowser.
- XP: thumbnails are not displayed in Windows Explorer.
- XP: some toolbars are missing in the viewer and in Polygon Cruncher, making the feature unusable.
- Zip thumbnails are always recomputed each time a folder is opened.
- Exporting the information crashes the application.
- Faces are incorrectly sorted when reading files, resulting in a possible degradation of the viewer performance.
- Collada: names contains illegal characters making the exported file not being readable in third party application.
- Viewer: the rotate control is not correctly drawn.
- 3D animation can't be played.
- Add search file similarity feature for finding similar images or duplicated files.
- Windows File Explorer now displays 3DBrowser thumbnails.
- Improved preferences dialog for file association with the application.
- Add Windows 7 task bar shortcut support for a direct access to most popular folders.
- Twain feature has been improved (support of relative path and automatic folder creation)
- Fast access window (Tab key) is more readable
- Sketchup file support (reading)
- XSI Softimage file support through Crosswalk 2011.5 (reading / writing)
- Select tool, which allows to get information on the selected object.
- Zoom Selection new feature.
- Transparency is fully supported as well as color modulation.
- Improved preferences for supporting OpenGl extensions.
- Lightwave import optimization (number of created materials and UV channel has been reduced) and handles correctly simultaneous UV and vertex colors channels.
- Wavefront I/O now support material transparency.
- Maya and 3ds Max exchange plugin requires less memory and allow exchanging bigger files.
- Material dialog allows to edit ambient, diffuse, transparency, specular and smooth factor.
- Face and point indexes are now displayed with a shaded color.
- Memory optimization and memory bottle neck suppress. It's now possible to optimize bigger meshes.
- The multiresolution mesh generation step is now faster.
- Optimization is now performed on the selected object, when you open Polygon Cruncher from a 3D viewer.
- Add liquid rescale feature
- Add Exr HDR image file support.
- Support of the latest raw format (thanks Dave Coffin!)
- SVG file support.
- Upgrade dialog has been relooked.
- Add full fullscreen mode (!) and a button for canceling the full screen mode.
- Improved crash support reports.
- Fix: tooltips are not displayed in some circumstances.
- Fix: the multi folder view does not work when the 'Save Catalogues in the catalogues application directory' preference option is set.
- Fix: files are sometime incorrectly sorted when using group mode display
- Fix: zip thumbnails are updated permanently.
- Fix: Collada import might fails on particular files (ie. when visual_scene_instance is incorrectly defined)
- Fix: cubic mapping gives incorrect results
- Fix: lightwave import might crash due to an incorrect projection value and invalid UVW creation.
- Fix: lightwave scene import does not release memory correctly.
- Fix: some scenes are permanently updated in the 3D viewer, resulting in a slow display.
- Fix: mesh with reflection matrix are incorrectly lighten.
- Fix: directX import might fails with particular files.
- Fix: maya normals are incorrectly imported.
- Fix: the lock point setting is sometime reset
- Fix: crop area of the crop feature is incorrectly displayed.
- Fix: the OK button of dialogs might be disabled under certain conditions.
- Fix: the move cursor is not displayed in preview control of dialogs.
- Compact is a new display mode which shows thumbnails without file names.
- Fast application access bar has been improved (at the bottom of the screen): new access to filter / display / sort menu. New way for handling the thumbnails size settings.
- New dialog for defining the current catalogue settings (Read only mode and keep display settings option).
- Restore the previous display position when reopening a recently browsed folder.
- Right click on a favorite folder now shows its sub-folders.
- Windows task bar Application icon shows the progression state.
- Faster JPEG thumbnail preview.
- Improving Collada support.
- KMZ file support.
- New predefined point of views (isometrics). It is possible to define the angle view.
- New commands: move with keyboard (Shift+arrow) and rotate with keyboard (Ctrl+arrows)
- Improved 3D preferences management.
- Improved contextual help.
- Remove Red Eyes command.
- Improved contextual help.
- Improved displayed feedback (Crop, rotate to horizontal)
- Image operation have been parallelized on multicore computer.
- PSD layer preview support.
- Improved RAW (and similar format) file support. Faster reading.
- Improved JPEG export dialog.
- Polygon Cruncher is now available as a stand alone application.
- Split / Glue file command has been corrected.
- The application is more reactive when browsing slow devices (CD-Rom, network folder...)
- Improved Drag and drop icon display.
- The viewer crashes when displaying faces which have vertex colors and which have more than 3 points.
- Double side face lighting when double side display is checked in the preferences.
- Sending a 3ds Max scene from 3DBrowser to 3DS Max might lead to a crash
- Incorrect Collada file update after a collada optimization.
- Thumbnails generated by the shell have now a correct aspec ratio.
- Images which name contains particular characters (unicode) can now be read.
- Reading 1 bits BMP file has been corrected.
- Alpha channel is lost during particular operation (ie. rotation).
- Design improved, using latest MFC package.
- Follow the UAC guidelines (Vista, Windows 7), simplifying life of user which has no administrator rights.
- Reading / saving catalogue is faster. Catalogue size is smaller.
- Adding popular folders list and easier access to favorites
- Files not recognized by 3DBrowser which are in a zip can be opened by a double click.
- album references to missing files are not automatically removed any more.
- Application shortcuts has been improved (the shortcut list can be sorted and it is not modified ane more when updating the software)
- Improving the drag & drop area
- The current folder is displayed in bold in the folder tree.
- Adding Collada files support (*.dae)
- The viewer now displays antialisaed lines (wireframe display, for example).
- The viewer now supports transparent materials.
- 3ds Max plugins are now able to update files which is particularly useful when using with Polygon Cruncher for 3D Browser.
- Information related to material and faces are more complete in the information panel.
- Improving 3D preferences (utilisation du PBuffer)
- Using the latest dcraw version for a better digital camera raw support.
- Optimization has been greatly improved. Normal inversion is now extremely rare and polygon are better equilibrated.
- Optimization is more than 2 time faster.
- Optimization requires less memory (approximately 25% less).
- Optimizing textures does not require anymore to lock points, giving better results.
- Normal interpolation gives smooth results when optimizing normals.
- It's now possible to lock point position in the advanced panel.
- Polygon Cruncher now try to update files after optimization when this option is supported by the parser (3ds Max, Maya, Collada). This allows to keep more information (materials, animation...)
- Maya 2010, Maya 2011, 3ds Max 2010, 3ds Max 2011 plugin support.
- Opening file has been improved for some kind of file (exe, html...)
- Drag & dropping a file does not change the current folder
- Watermark plugin fails if resize ratio is set to 100%
- The Exif tag menu now displays correct entries.
- Lightwave: improvement on computing the texture mapping (planar projection)
- Wavefront correction: a full check of index overbounds is performed. Textures are now correctly exported when several maps exist on the same object.
- The object information dialog box reports incorrect matrix value.
- UV Map are now generated using less memory
- Bounding box computation correction
- The rendering image feature now take into account the rendering mode selected from the dialog.
- Browsing log file fails in batch module
- Zip commands allow to create a zip from a selection, a directory or a directory and sub directories.
- Support for 3ds Max 2010
- 3DS plugins have been improved and allow to update a scene imported to 3DBrowser and re-exported to 3ds Max. This allows to preserve more information particularly when using Polygon Cruncher from 3DBrowser.
- Patch conversion for objects which have quadrangular faces has been improved.
- Polygon Cruncher might crash when optimizing scene which include group.
- Patch conversion might lead to a crash.
- The application opens 2 viewers when the Do not recycle viewers is checked when clicking on a file from the Windows explorer.
- Zip browsing might fails when a zip contains another zip.
- Batch command can be run from a command line.
- 3DBrowser.exe -batch /name "Shadow.bbr" /in "C:\tmp" /recursive /out "C:\tmp\batch"
- 3DBrowser.exe -batch /help to get more information on possible options.
- Drag & drop now follows Windows specifications: files are copied by default (and not moved any more) when they are drop to a folder located on a different drive.
- Now supporting latest RAW image formats (cr2, crw...)
- OpenGL extensions are now disabled if the graphic card does not correctly support it.
- Optimization improved for x32 bits version.
- Optimization improved for x64 bits version.
- Optimization quality are now the same between x32 and x64 bits versions.
- On particular meshes, the x64 bits optimization creates flipped faces and lead to a bad vertex distribution over the optimized mesh.
- Lightwave 5.x import sometime crashed.
- The software sometime crash when it is closed.
- Some particular MP3 files crash the application.
- Screen capture crash the application at startup when "Run screen capture at startup" is checked.
- Adding a fast application shortcut does not work when the application is added using the Other... button from the application selection dialog box.
- The license is now deactivated only if the software is completely removed from the computer.
- Application sometime crashes when it exits.
- Rotate To Horizontal and Crop commands crash when they are exited using the close dialog icon.
- Some BMP (DIB type) are incorrectly readed.
- Some EXIF information are incorrectly readed and might cause a crash.
- Dynamic exchange with 3ds Max: normals creations might crash the application if an object also has UV textures.
- Wavefront: some UV textures might be missing.
- Wavefront: some meshes might be missing when converting to this format.
- PBuffer initialisation might crashes the application when opening a 3D viewer.
- Normals optimisation has been improved when Optimize Texture and Optimize Normals are both checked.
- Simplified search mode which allows to make a search based on file name and content very easily.
- Search list has been improved (Network preferences). It is now accessible through the search panel.
- Categories are now sorted. Pressing return key is not longer needed for validating a category.
- Progress dialog when automatically rotating jpeg files of a folder.
- Adding Paste in contextual menu.
- Back and forward features are clearest in contextual menu.
- Files are now decompressed when they are drag from a zip.
- Tree folders does not look for zip files on removable media (faster display).
- The title bar now gives information on the version and the license status.
- Improving the file association. Association are now done for the current user. Default Application choice has been added int the Extensions and Windows Shell preference settings. Finally, the Open With Application command simplifies the file association settings.
- Improved full screen mode and windows positionning when using several monitors.
- NTFS information is now saved in Unicode.
- Deactivating the application when uninstall it.
- Tool Display Numbered Sequence which allows to view a rendered image sequence for example.
- Add a cancel button on the JPEG, GIF, PNG option dialogs.
- A particular thumbnail point of view can now be defined for each file format.
- Global / local coordinates support.
- User specified normals support.
- Maya 2009 support. Fastest loading when reading Maya object.
- ASCII Maya file support (was not accessible through save as in previous version).
- New PLY binary export.
- Animation support (3ds format, lightwave scene).
- LWS import improvements (hierachy support, faster loading...)
- Wavefront / STL / 3ds Max / Maya user normal support.
- Vertex colors support in dynamic exchange (Maya / 3ds Max plugins)
- Normal and bounding box display.
- Memory management improved: this is now possible to optimize very large meshes.
- Adding normal optimization.
- Improving the batch module (merge faces and vertex settings simplified, log files, normal support...)
- Screen capture does not work correctly when using it on a several monitor configuration and when a monitor has negative coordinates.
- Left panel display improved (keeps the minimized state when switching the panel / shown when pressing F6 or F3 keys).
- Thread lock improved, removing potential dead lock.
- A bad message is displayed when a new version is ready.
- A Windows cannot find the file... is displayed sometime when opening a file from the Windows explorer.
- Improving exception support when reading image (application might crash before...)
- Patch conversion might lead to a crash.
- Fix in Lightwave parser. A crash might occurs on particular lightwave 5.x format. UV/VC are correctly saved when a same material is shared by several meshes.
- Vrml fix (last face might be invalid and this can lead to an application crash).
- Intelligent sort for textual information in the thumbnails view (strings are sorted by number then sorted by string).
- WIA Import now import image from a scanner.
- More complete information in the error report.
- Reading DDS files (DirectX)
- It is now possible to add all the subdirectories of a given folder in the texture path and LightWave scene path tabs of the viewer preferences.
- The 3d viewer init faster when the scene has a lot of meshes.
- The dialog box "The server is busy..." appears frequently.
- The x64 bits version sometime freezes when using the tree folder view.
- The screen capture tool sometime crashes when starting capture.
- Catalogue update sometime freezes the software.
- Auto rotation features does not work with non JPEG files (ie. PNG).
- Lightwave import crashes frequently when reading UVs.
- 3ds import is slow when the scene has a lot of meshes.
- Merge Coplanar Faces now handles correctly UVs.
- Wavefront I/O now reads several UVs for a given vertices.
- Lightwave Scene 9.2 format is now supported.
- Maya I/O keeps map names.
- STL import now welds confused vertices.
- Improved materials support when exchanging scenes with 3ds Max.
- Plugin 3DBrowser for 3DS Max 2009.
- Geometrical optimisation quality improved.
- UV optimisation greatly improved when textures breaks exists. Now Freeze UV discontinuities setting can't be let unactivated in most of case, which gives better optimization ratio. This setting is not anymore automatically activated when keeping UVs is selected.
- Symmetry has been improved (symmetry criteria is now based on topology, not only geometry).
- Last settings are kept for a better ergonomy.
- Non standard MP3 files can crash the application.
- Application crashes on particular images (ie. some png with exif)
- IFF files crash the application.
- HDRI files crash the application.
- Print catalogue: Printer Paper names are not correct.
- Application crashes when Corel X3 is setting up.
- Correcting 3D I/O: C4D, COB, DXF, VRML
- Scene List panel scrambles thumbnails after a file save.
- 3DBrowser is now available in x64 bits
- 3DBrowser is now an unicode application (asiatic or oriental languages are now supported). As a consequence, catalogue file format changed. Backward compatibilité is guaranted.
- Alpha channel can be used as a transparency mask. This option is available in the preference dialog (Tools > Preferences) of the 3D viewer.
- Dialogs are sometime displayed when a file is opened with 3DBrowser from the Windows explorer.
- Drag & drop to the folder tree has been improved.
- Batch command has been improved (result type (image or scene) is now checked, directory case is kept when recreating the folder tree, file name numeric information is kept).
- Folder tree selection disapears when the folder tree is activated by a click.
- The C char cannot be used when editing a file name.
- The browse button does not work in the Convert Files dialog.
- Reading MP3 information is very slow for large file.
- Exif support has been improved.
- The viewer sometime crashes when an user changes the current image from the image list.
- Obj parser improved: Obj failed when a scene had some objects textured and some not textured.
- Lwo parser improved for some non compliant files.
- 3DS parser improved (object without points).
- Fix: the default point of view is not correctly saved.
- The points coordinates are now checked when importing a file.
- Save Scene as Image now export animation when it is used in a script. Moreover, it is now possible to select the custom point of view or the point of view defined in 3DBrowser.
- Improving the way alpha channel is used when printing a catalogue or exporting to HTML.
- Index point bounds is now checked at importation, improving the reading of peculiar scenes.
- DXF parser now handles planar coordinates (Polyline token).
- Correcting a display problem when using a gradient as background of the thumbnails view.
- Correcting a problem when displaying icons in report or detailled mode.
- The folder tree sometime crashes the application when a subfolder contains a zip.
- The folder tree has several problems (problem renaming an item, problem on right click contextual menu, problem on copy and paste when editing a label...)
- Selecting several folders sometime opens the temporary windows folder.
- A dialog box appears when browsing a folder containing files with a Unicode name.
- The application might crashes due to a bad implementation of hash functions.
- The catalogue does not keep the exclude file list when it contains only excluded files.
- Rotation control, faces and points indexes are now displayed in OpenGL. This correct some display problems which appear on particular graphic cards.
- Generating a quad patch sometime crashes the application.
- DirectX : initialization fails when creating the DirectX device on particular computer.
- DXF: a crash sometime occurs when a file contain a closed polyline.
- 3DS: Group are created as curve when reading a 3DS file.
- 3DS: files are not read when a mesh has 10 characters or more.
- Minor correction on AVI parser
- Stereo filter crashes when selecting the same image for left and right eyes. No file format appears in the dialog box.
- Noise filter doesn't modify image (it depends of the selected noise type).
- HTML preview is sometime truncated or sometime displays an unlimited number of dialog boxes.
- Tools > Merge Coplanar Faces: this new command merges coplanar faces. You can also define a limit angle to merge faces which are nearly coplanar. This command is scriptable.
- Maya 8.5 file support (read / write).
- Tools > Merge coplanar faces command in Polygon Cruncher viewer.
- Merge faces option in Polygon Cruncher batch dialog.
- Improvement: add an entry to Polygon Cruncher forum in Help menu.
- Fix: creating the tree folder sometime crash the application.
- Fix: the \ character is not correctly handled when reading obj files.
- Fix: clicking on the browse button in batch optimization dialog sometime leads to an infinite loop (Polygon Cruncher).
- Fix: the custom sort order is lost when exporting a slides show.
- Fix: images are not displayed in the Create Animated Gif dialog box.
- Fix: buy 3DBrowser command is missing.
- Fix: the link to compare different 3DBrowser release is invalid.
- Fix: DirectX export fails when it is selected as default export format in the batch optimization module.
- Fix: DirectX import fails when face indexes are stored on 32 bit values.
- Improvement: folder preview are computed only when user choose to display folders.
- Fix: Help > Activate command is enable even if no valid serial has been entered.
- Fix/Windows Vista: the software sometime crashes when browsing folders.
- Fix/Windows Vista: the selected language is not taken into account.
- Fix: an invalid folder name makes the application enter in an infinite loop.
- Use transparency to display thumbnails of 3D scenes and images with an alpha channel.
- Preferences > Display: Use transparency for displaying thumbnails
- Automatic checking online for new upgrade.
- Preferences > Others: Check online regularly for an upgrade
- Preferences > Display: it's now possible to define a gradient for the background color.
- A double click on the left panel name allows to switch from one panel to the other (ie. from the explorer panel to the properties panel)
- The folders are now drawn using Windows thumbnails preview.
- Print catalogue: transparency information are taken into account (if printer allows it).
- Internal improvement on the folder panel
- Fix: zip files are not correctly handled in the tree view.
- Fix: the software handles incorrectly large files (> 90 Mb)
- Fix: a custom sort order is sometime created when moving contiguous thumbnails.
- Fix: searching for keywords has been improved (searching for a complete keyword not for a part of a keyword).
- Preferences > Display: it's now possible to select an alternative OpenGL mode, which can solve problems on specific graphic cards (ie ATI Radeon).
- Tools > Update Thumbnails now takes care of the current scene zoom factor.
- Better support for decompressing textures for scenes which belong to zip.
- File > Save Scene as Image: the feature now includes an alpha channel when the image format handles alpha channel (TGA, PNG...).
- Fix: LightWave reader improvement. A problem relative to layer hierachy has been corrected. This problems randomly crashed the application. Reading bad files has been also improved.
- Fix: Improvement on HDR file support.
- Fix: DirectX fails to initialize on some computers.
- Fix: scene is not always correctly displayed when we zoom too close to the objects.
- Fix: under particular circumstances, topologic and geometric cleaning might crash the application (Merge points feature, export polygon cruncher optimization).
- Fix: merge points feature sometime gives incorrect result when using 0 as merging factor.
- Fix: the "Plugin server not found" is displayed when using the Lightwave plugin
- Adding support for dng, arw, erf raw files formats
- Fix: Modes & Colors plugin is not setup (feature negative, gamma, contrast are missing).
- Fix: white balance is not performed on raw images.
- Fix: particular raw images are incorrectly readed.
- Fix: mouse wheel is inactive (zoom, goto next / previous thumbnails with Ctrl).
- A validation period of 15 days now allows to use the software after entering a valid serial number.
- Compatibility improvement for Windows Vista.
- Fix: the software need to be reactivated when the internet connection is off.
- Fix: 3D files are not supported if DirectX 9 is not setup on the computer.
- Fix: Lightwave files with textures might be incorrectly readed.
- Fix: DirectX export fails if the scene has group nodes.
- Fix: criteria are not taken into account when performing search.
- Fix: show directory size command displays nothing.
- Fix: album area in the status bar does not work.
- Fix: empty directories are created when running an independent slides show.
3DBrowser for Windows 98 / Window NT 4.0 is not supported any more.
- Zip file are now supported. These file can be browsed and catalogues like any other folders.
- New folder access window. This window contains sub folders of the current folder, recent browsed folders, favorites and albums. You get access to this window using the Tab key.
- Files which are incorrectly read are now excluded from the catalogue. This gives a better stability to the software.
- Technical support has been improved. This is possible to send an error report.
- Thumbnail icons are now active. Thumbnail contextual menu have been rearranged. Hide icon preference has been removed.
- Deselect all, Invert selection, Copy path, Paste image new features.
- Drag and drop feedback improved.
- Maximal thumbnail size increased. Simplified control on the thumbnails size. The extra large thumbnail preference has been removed.
Images related features
- HDRI file format support .
- RLA / RLF format support.
- Automatic JPEG file rotation (thumbnail automatic rotation or image automatic rotation).
- Main Window > Tools > JPEG > Use shooting data feature which transfers the current shooting date to the file modified date (JPEG files).
- Viewer > Edit > Filters > Colors > Add a Watermark / Retrieve a Watermak which allow to add an invisible signature to your pictures (scriptables).
- Viewer > Edit > Filter > Colors > Sepia. This filter gives your images a sepia tone (scriptable).
- Viewer > Edit > Special effects > Polaroïd. This filter tranforms your image to a polaroïd snapshot (scriptable).
- Viewer > Edit > Special effects > Drop Shadow. This effect adds a shadow under your images (scriptable).
- Viewer > Edit > Special effects > Sketch. This filter sketches your images (scriptable).
- Screen capture: screen capture tools greatly improved. particularly, it's now possible to preview your capture before saving it.
- Preview speed increased.
- Viewer > Edit > Modes & Colors > Contrast improved (contraste sigmoïdal).
3D related features
- Maya files are now supported by a dynamic exchange. Maya should be setup on the computer. This gives the possibility to use Polygon Cruncher on Maya files.
- STL file support (reading ASCII and binary files, writing binary files. VisCam, SolidView, Materialise Magics variants are supported).
- Viewer > Tools > Invert Normals command.
- Viewer > Tools > Unify Normals command.
- Viewer > Tools > Merge Points: weld near or confused points.
- Option which allows to generate a conversion report when save a scene.
- Lightwave object files are betterly find when reading LightWave scene (it's now possible to set relative path in the Preferences > Lightwave directories tab).
- It's now possible to set relative path in the Preferences > Texture directories tab.
- OBJ file support improved (now supporting faces which have many points).
- 3DS file support improved (null object are now taken into account).
- Preferences improved: it's now possible to define custom OpenGL settings.
- Performances improved (normals computation, connections graph...)
- Supporting unix or apple OBJ and DXF files.
- Fix / Batch Polygon Cruncher version: exclude borders mode does not work.
- Fix / Batch Polygon Cruncher version: creating a file fails when the target directory does not exists.
- Fix: LightWave fails when object has faces which materials does not exist in the scene (ie. default material).
- Fix: Truespace exports too many materials.
- Fix: search result is incomplete when user specifies EXIF criteria and the search directory does not already contains a 3DBrowser catalog file.
- Fix: thumbnail type is now updated when catalog is updated.
- Fix: reading TIFF files with a TIF extension.
- Fix: 3DBrowser now displays the Open with an Application dialog when no application is associated to a given extension.
- Fix: file selector loses the current directory when clicking on Display only common files checkbox.
- Fix: file selector does not display any files whan All kind of files is selected.
- Fix: importing information from a text file sometime fails.
- Fix: capture has a black area when capturing a window which borders are out of the screen.
- Fix: search pannel is not dynamically resized.
- Fix: folder name is not correct when you right click on the main window background.
- Fix: navigation toolboar disappears sometimes when you resize left panels.
- Fix: Wave filter cuts a part of the image.
- Fix: improving Implode dialog settings (negative values now simulate an image explosion).
- Fix: converting object to patch makes textures and vertex colors invalids.
New features of the main window
- Batch Polygon Cruncher: it's now possible to batch optimize a single
file or a set of files. You control accurately the optimization levels
you need. This command is available from the main window and from 3D viewer.
- Replace thumbnail feature which allows replacing the 3D file's
thumbnail by a render image (thanks to Antonio Prieto).
Main window feature improvements
General related features
- Rename Files: file numbering is now optional when you use * character
- Catalogue update: update occurs on the selected thumbnails. It's now
possible to recompute thumbnails for only a part of the catalogue.
Image related features
- Screen capture: better ergonomics (thanks to James Palik).
- Jpeg Lossless is faster when files are located on a CompactFlash flash
or a memory card.
3D related features
- Polygon Cruncher is now available from the main window. You don't need
anymore to open a 3D viewer for using it.
- Triangulate, Convert to Patch, Convert to Polygonal Object commands
are now scriptable.
- Copy to Clipboard / Paste from Clipboard commands. These commands
are a simple way to transfer image to/from third party software (thank
to Yves Monnier).
- Adjust to Window command (thanks to Eric Caron)
- It's now possible to perform a multi selection on objects or materials.
It's easier to display or hide a set of materials or objects (thanks to
- Replace thumbnail feature which allows replacing the 3D file's
thumbnail by a render image (thanks to Antonio Prieto).
- 3DBrowser now offers exportation settings.
- DirectX import / export.
- Texture exportation improved for WaveFront, 3DS, VRML, Truespace format.
- Planar, spherical, cylindrical and cubic projection are now handled (thank
to Eric J Bouchoc).
- Texture image path can be relative.
- fix: groups are incorrectly displayed in group mode.
- fix: 3DBrowser sometime crashes (ie. when ejecting a CD) when
it has been opened by a double click on a file from the Windows explorer.
- fix: album file references are lost when the album files are moved to
a different location.
- fix: sometime HTML exportation saves images with an incorrect name (thanks
to Barrie and its virtual clock museum).
- fix: tip of the day presentation enhancements (thanks again to James
- fix: crop feature runs incorrectly when the option panel is hidden.
- fix: image preview does not work in dialogs.
- fix: it's not always possible to go to the next or previous image when
deleting the current image.
- fix: option panel display choice is lost when pressing on the ESC key.
- fix: Actual size and fit on view feature sometime fails.
- fix: triangulate feature crashes when an object has texture coordinates.
- fix: converting patch to polygonal object crashes.
- fix: LWS import sometime makes the application crashes.
- fix: VRML import improved (by reducing the number of point imported,
and assigning the correct material to faces).
- fix: rendering mode names are incorrect.
- fix: extra information display is improved (rotation circle, face indexes...)
- fix: the left bar, on the left of the viewer, sometime stays visible,
even if there is no information to display.
- fix: the render mode used when opening a viewer is the thumbnail render
mode. Now the last render mode used is restablished when opening a viewer.
- It's now possible to visualize the content of several folders using a
multiple selection in the folder tree
- Expand All feature (contextual menu, using a left click on a
- Thumbnails are now antialiased when displayed in small size
- Main view: smooth display of the thumbnail view (background drawing is
- Preferences: it's now possible to disable the information synchronization
which is done between 3DBrowser information and Windows summary
- Opening and computing thumbnail is 40% faster
- Polygon Cruncher is 40% faster
- Object information dialog has been improved: matrix information, materials
used by object and other information are now displayed. It's also possible
to rename the objects
- Material information dialog has been improved: it's now possible to changed
the material colors and texture files
- Less Light / More Light commands
- New view menu organization
- Fix: some objects might be invisibles on some graphics cards
- Fix: VRML import improved. Transformations are now handled
- Fix: 3DS import improved. Pivots are now handled
- Fix: 3DS is incorrectly exported when hidding objects in the scene
- Fix: Truespace import improved. Transformation matrix are better handled
- Fix: no trial period for the software
- Fix: Open and Open With... association are not kept
(Preferences / Extensions and Windows shell)
- Fix: slides show dialog stays open after slide show to simplify parameters
- Fix: Fixed size region does not work correctly in the screen
- Fix: screen capture tool sometime switches to full screen capture mode
- Fix: sort mode is lost when restarting the application
- Fix: cannot change the current video frame from the image list in the
- Stereo image: this command creates images for blue-red glasses
- Screen capture: better ergonomy for the screen capture command (thanks
to James Palik)
- Crop (viewer 2D): it's now possible to choose a format to constraint
the crop frame (thanks again James!)
- Rotate to horizontal/vertical (viewer 2D): access to options dialog has
- Read / save bitmap library has been upgraded, including a lot of fixes
- Correction: 3DS import forgot matrix transformation
- Correction: 3DBrowser plugin for Lightwave fails
- Correction: shortcut keys associated to status bar applications are now
- Correction: the slides show runs on screen where 3D Browser runs (multi
- Create slides show as an independent application (.exe) (Windows NT/2000/XP
- Replace the Windows desktop background image (wallpaper)
- Slides show: new transitions
- LWS format support (Lightwave scene)
- Image fits automatically the window when it is resized, using the Fit
To View mode
3DBrowser Light Edition
The following features are now available in 3DBrowser Light Edition:
- Custom display
- Custom display preferences
- Rename a set of files
- Custom sort
- Custom filter
- Custom filter edition
- Rotation, resize, crop commands
- Mode & colors menu (color conversion, gamma, contrast, HLS)
- Filters menu (special effect, geometric deformation, add noise...)
- JPEG Lossless menu
- 3DBrowser sometimes lost file associations to a third party application
- Slides show: texts incorrectly displayed when using large fonts
- Display Directory Size: a 24 hours delay has been added between to directory
- German translation have been done (all the best to Reiner Schug).
- US texts have been corrected (many thanks to David Thomas).
New features of the main window
- Application now opens quickly when you open a file from the Windows explorer.
- Display directory Size command (for 3D users and for
Digital camera version).
- Fast access bar has been improved. A drag and drop area has been added.
I simplifies moving files to albums or last used directories.
- Upgrade 3DBrowser command.
- 3DBrowser Light Edition: Slides show is now available at the
main level of the application.
- 3DBrowser Light Edition: information window on the number of files opened
with the application and new contribution mode available.
- Fix: Open and Open With... association are not kept
(Preferences / Extensions and Windows shell)
- Fix: Better reading for images (some images are not displayed, particularly
when they didn't match exactly format specifications).
Existing features improvements
- Slides show improved (fade-in fade-out transition). Viewers
and main Slides show command have now the same functionalities.
- Print Catalog... has been improved: it's now possible to print
several copies of an image.
- AVI export improved (settings kept).
- Switching from Search files panel to My computer panel
- RAW image format support (Thanks to Dave
Coffin for its code).
- Images are now displayed with antialiasing when a reduction is performed.
- Images list is now displayed only when several images are opened.
- Slides show command has been improved.
- Close and Open 3DBrowser command when the viewer is open
from the Windows explorer.
- Open command allows opening several files.
- Fix: Alpha channel is now displayed in the thumbnails list for animated
- Fix: playing animated Gif files works again.
- Save scene as image can exports an animation.
- Show Faces Number and Show Points Number commands.
- Scenes list is now displayed only when several scenes are opened.
- Slides show command has been improved.
- Close and Open 3DBrowser command when the viewer is open
from the Windows explorer.
- Open command allows opening several files.
- It is now possible to modify material name in the material information
- 3DBrowser for 3DS Max 7 plugin.
- 3DBrowser for Lightwave 8 plugin.
- Fix: OpenGL implementation which improved compatibility with particular
- Fix: crash related to UV and vertexes color reading on particular Lightwave
- Fix: error related to 3DS Max menus when using the plugin for 3DS Max.
- Fix: 3DS Max is frozen after using the plugin for 3DS Max.
- Improved contextual menu
- Convert files command
- Create AVI command allows to merge severals AVI files into a
- Advanced search feature on the help file
- Patch support
- Convert To Patch and Convert To Polygonal Object commands
(3DBrowser for 3D Users only)
- Texture speed has been increased when reading JPEG textures in low texture
- 3DBrowser Light Edition now allows using all commands as long as a trial
period exists for 3DBrowser Image Edition or 3DBrowser
for 3D Users.
- Application size has been reduced
- Fix: small icons are displayed in thumbnails display mode for unrecognized
- New : SWF file support (thumbnails and playing in the viewer)
- New : HTML file support improved (this is now possible to convert an
HTML page to a bitmap file)
- New : Enlarge images to fullscreen if needed option in the slideshow
- New: F2 calls directly the Rename files dialog box if several
files are selected
- New: Shift+Mouse wheel shortcut changes the filter options
- New: Show Options Dialog command (2D viewer)
- Nouveau: information dialog when switching to full screen mode
- Fix: some EXIF information are incorrectly readed
- Fix: EXIF information lost when modifying and saving an image
- Fix: summary information is not correctly written on NTFS partition (summary
information are accessible using the file properties command from the Windows
- Fix: Save and Save as features were removed in the
2D viewer (3DBrowser Light Edition)
- Fix: can't remove a directory from the explorer tree
- Fix: can't copy and paste a directory from the explorer tree
- Fix: JPEG compression rate not taken into account (batch command, twain
import, send email, screen capture...)
- Fix: albums are not synchronized with catalogues
- Fix: capture an image screen on a second monitor fails
- Fix: crop dialog box parameters are invalid
- Fix: sometimes template settings are lost (Catalogue printing)
- Fix: background image offset in the footnote area (Catalogue printing)
- Fix: application are not removed from the Windows explorer Open With
menu (Preferences, Open With Application)
- Fix: resize settings are modified when closing it, when using it in a
- Fix: some dialogs are not correctly centered when using several monitors
- Fix: the move tool shorcut (Space key) does not work in the 2D viewer
(P is the new shortcut to play a video)
- Fix: opening several files with Internet Explorer fails (Open With, Open
- Fix: status bar help not always displayed
- Fix: contextual help is invalid when pressing F1 in a dialog box (Screen
Capture, Print Catalogue)
- It's now possible to define a network repository for catalogues, used
when searching for files through an enterprise network
- It's now possible to define a paths list to use when searching for files
- Group display which allows to logically group files together
- Group by page display mode which groups files depending on the last print
- Windows files association allows to open files with 3DBrowser
from the Windows Explorer
- New sort modes: sort by author and by category
- New columns: author and category columns
- Windows XP themes are not supported when displaying dialogs
- Print Catalogue has a new ergonomy and improved features (background
images can be integrated to templates, double sided printing...)
- Videos or animated GIFs can be played in the viewer
- Possibility to open several images in the same viewer
- A list clearly displays images which are opened in the viewer and their
- This list also display thumbnails from video file or animated GIF
- Image extraction from video file or animated GIF
- It's now possible to select the thumbnail to use for displaying a video
file in the 3DBrowser main window
- Images files can be drag & dropped in the viewer
- Zoom in/out is now centered on the mouse position
- Improved Lightwave import/export. Vertexs colors are now supported.
- Improved exchange plugin with 3DS Max
- Improved stability when reading/writing 3D files
- Possibility to open several scenes in the same viewer
- A list clearly displays scenes which are opened in the viewer
- Scenes files can be drag & dropped in the viewer
Polygon Cruncher pour 3DBrowser
- Fix: sort by 3D objects type, by materials, by faces and points number
has been corrected
- Fix: Saving images in TIFF format
- Fix: crash when opening the album contextual menu
- Minimize 3DBrowser in Systray has been improved
- Keywords and categories are now saved in a separate keywords.prefs preference
The standard release has changed. It contains all the Pro feature (batch
command, screen capture, print catalogue...) but does not allow anymore to
view or open 3D files. This version is now dedicated to digital camera users,
or graphic designer.
- Preferences are now saved for every users.
- Préférences: it's now possible to minimize 3DBrowser
in the systray.
- Always visible mode for 3DBrowser main window
- New options are available when right clicking on the 3DBrowser
icon (task bar or systray).
- Activate Custom Sort Automatically which allows to choose the
default sort order mode or an existing custom order when opening a directory.
- Number of images setting has been added to Create Avi File... command
- Crop command has now a dialog, which can be opened by pressing
on the O key.
- Crop command is now scriptable, and can be included in a batch
- 2 new modes are available for the Resize command, when it's
included in a batch command.
- Low resolution textures setting allows to specify the maximum
image size to use.
- Enable vertexs colors is now more accessible and has been included
in the toolbar. It's also possible to display simultaneously textures and
- Fix: registering the application when user have limited rights.
- Fix: windows position when using several monitors.
- Fix: information import/export when a field contains carriage return.
- Fix: categories are lost when selecting several files.
- Fix: genres are lost when selecting several MP3 files.
- Shortcuts to images, scenes or audio files are now displayed and can
be used in most of features.
- Lock zoom feature added
- Constraint ratio when zooming
- Truespace export
- VRML 1.0 import / export
- 3DS Max now export UV channel (using the plugin for 3DS Max)
- Lighting improvement
- Texturing display improvement
- Reading texture for Wavefront OBJ
- Fix: catalogue not always saved, making unrequired update when reopening
- Fix: search in CD-Rom catalogue, when CD is not inserted in the driver.
- Fix: Polygon Cruncher: sometimes there can be a long delay between the
moment when the optimization computation is done and the moment when the
optimization slider is displayed.
- Fix: Lightwave export on large model.
- Fix: error concerning ole32.dll when launching the application on NT4.0
- Fix: option Use default point of view does not work in the update
dialog box (F4).
- Fix: Show only common extension does not work in dialog box.
- Fix: normal orientation when importing/exporting Lightwave file.
- Fix: normal orientation when importing/exporting Wavefront OBJ file.
- Fix: normal orientation (import/export) for 3DS file.
- Fix: materials exportation for 3DS file.
- Fix: 3DS exportation when an object has textures and faces with more
than 4 points.
- Fix: normal orientation when importing/exporting DXF file.
- HTML export from your images, 3D scenes or files. Predefined HTML templates
library and possibility to edit your own HTML templates.
- Information and keyword panels to quickly edit files information.
- Properties panel for a fast access to files properties.
- Search for files panel to create albums from search criteria. Search
results can be updated at any time when needed.
- Read and save information from the Properties/Summary dialog (Windows
explorer) when your files are on a NTFS partition.
- MP3 information edition (album, title...)
- Export/import information, keywords and properties to/from a database.
- Album creation. An album contains references to files located in different
- 3DBrowser specifics folders in the My computer tree to
have a fast access to your albums, search results and CD-Rom catalogues.
- Contextual help. Press F1 opens the help file at the right heading.
- Files attributes modification (read-only, hidden attributes) and possibility
to update the creation and last modified date from the file properties
- Light version: advertisements have been removed.
- Light version: Polygon Cruncher for 3DBrowser is available from
the light version.
- Rename automatically associated files when renaming a file.
- Copy/move/delete automatically associated files.
- Automatically add the extension when you rename a file and when the new
name does not contains an extension.
- The Custom filter mode now accepts wildcards (i.e. l*.gif displays
gif files that begin with the l character).
- Slide show feature allows text edition for displaying information
during the screening. It also plays associated audio files.
- Lowercase / uppercase name has been improved and can only modify
file extension if needed.
- Rename files can add lowercase extension when needed.
- Application and viewers open faster using pre-calculated information.
Image files support
- JPEG compression ratio is retrieve for an optimal used of the JPEG file
- Keep profiles during data processing (icc, iptc, exif information) for
JPEG, TIFF, PSD... files formats.
- New toolbar arrangement.
- New icons.
- Improvement: popup menus for Previous and next directory and Batch
- Modification: Ask for update and do not update catalogues mode
have been removed from the preferences.
- Fix: keyboard shortcuts fails sometime in the main window.
- Fix: latent period after renaming a file.
- Fix: text might be incorrectly displayed in Custom display mode.
- Fix: Rotate to horizontal/vertical. Options accessible pressing
O key are now taken into account.
- Fix: Audio files update is done only once time.
- Fix: crashes on some IFF files
- Fix: non recognized Lightwave files (for examples, files which contains
a procedural texture, which type is value)
- Fix: index bounds checking for Truespace file format. Faces are no more
- Fix: Wavefront import supports files which have negatives faces index
- Improvement: texture reading improved in 3D viewer
- Screen capture
- Animated GIF creation feature
- Fix: fast access toolbar display
- Fix: last tool is now correclty restored in the viewers
- Fix: random crash on very large directory
- Fix: keywords edition does not work when several files are selected
- Fix: crash when creating AVI with specific CODEC
- Fix: crash on some Lighwave files
- Improvement: Create AVI feature now handles the current selection and
the order of images.
- Extra large thumbnail mode.
- Custom display mode.
- Customizable files filter feature.
- Tooltip customization features.
- Thumbnails zoom features in the main window (Larger / Smaller thumbnails function). Large
icons display mode is now obsolete and has been removed.
- Audio files support (mp3, wav, mid...)
- Print contact sheet allows the use of rich text format.
- New way of working for the fast access toolbar. It gives access to 25
applications and it is displayed only when needed.
- Properties... dialog box improvement. It's now possible to change
the current edited file for a quick edition. Thumbnail and information
about each files is displayed when several files are selected.
- New tags: conditionals tags, tag Kind of file, tag Name without
extension... (tags are used in print contact sheet, custom
display text, and tooltip text in preferences).
- Tags organization improved.
- Better reading and writing for Lightwave format (now support UV mapping
for both reading and writing).
- UV maps are now exported for 3D Studio and Lightwave file format.
- Better reading for images (in release 5.51 some images were not displayed,
particularly when they didn't match exactly format specifications).
- Wavefront file (.obj) format is now supported.
- JPEG files preview is three times faster.
- Improved presentation for the thumbnails window
- Customizable display for the thumbnails window (background images, texts
color, opacity settings...).
- Better legibility for Tips of the day window.
- Full screen new feature (for the main window).
- Hide navigation pane new feature (Split feature has been
- Delete file new feature.
- Rename file new feature.
- Canvas size new feature.
- Delete file new feature.
- Rename file new feature.
- Enable texturing feature.
- Polygon Cruncher icon access.
- New preferences setting: Activate accumulation buffer
- Memory requirements for viewing a directory has been divided by 2.
- Left pane width is now restored when you run 3DBrowser.
- Filter mode, sort mode and selection information are now displayed in
- Favorites can be created by drag & dropping directories on the favorites
- Drag & drop support improved (it's now possible to drop email attached
files to the 3DBrowser window)
- Fix: Polygon Cruncher for 3DBrowser crashes when scene has an
hierarchy or patches
- Fix: 3D viewer might crashes on some graphics cards in wireframe mode
- Fix: Toolbar command (Window menu).
- Fix: A custom sort mode is sometime created when dropping files in an
- Fix: thumbnails window scrollbar position is reinitialized when the directory
content is externally modified.
- Fix: bad directory for saving images in Twain Importation.
- Fix: * joker in Rename files.
- Fix: AVI file creation in Create AVI file.
- Fix: access to directory which contains obsolete .obv file.
- New catalogue printing tool (replace the old printing module)
- Batch command processing which allows images or 3D scenes files format
conversions or modifications
- Send email features which include a resize and image format conversion
- WIA images importation which allows to get images from a digital camera
or a scanner (Windows ME/XP)
- TWAIN importation to retrieve images from a TWAIN device (scanner...)
- Custom thumbnails sort order
- Split/merge file feature
- New features in 2D and 3D viewers
(Polygon Cruncher, print feature...)
Thumbnails and catalogues management improvement
- Fast catalogue reading
- Fast catalogue update when copying files from one directory to another
- Information are kept (author, comments...) when you move or copy files
from one directory to another one
- New management for viewer windows, which allows to open several viewers
with automatic windows recycling if necessary
- Picture-taking date sort
- Now possible to view all files in thumbnails mode (recognized and unrecognized
- EXIF information (issued from digitals cameras) are now read and write
- Search feature improvement
- Better reactivity when changing current directory during a catalogue
- Select language feature under Windows NT/XP
- HTML, MPEG file preview
- Bug correction when opening catalogue on a CDRom
- JPEG Lossless features improvement (additional information such EXIF
- Memory needs reduce
- Faster viewers openings
- Now possible to open files in external application using mouse with Shift
and Control keys
- 3DBrowser fast access has been added in the task bar
- Tools menu new organization
- New menu presentation which includes functions icons
- Polygon Cruncher is now included to the viewer (need a specific license)
- Print scene feature
- Save scene as an image feature
- Scene hierachy is now supported
- Texture are now displayed by default
- ESC key now cancel full screen mode
- Menu access using right mouse click
- New formats are supported :
- UV support for 3DS and Truespace formats
- Lightwave importation improved, Lightwave export is now supported
- Cinéma 4D, DXF are now supported (read/write)
- 3DS export
- 3DS Max 5.x support
- Print image feature
- JPEG Lossless improved (only applied when you want it)
- Ask for save dialog box when image has been modified
- ESC key now cancel full screen mode
- Registration improved and now integrated to the application
- Current sort mode is now used to slides show files
- Technical support from the software
- New setup for installing/uninstalling 3DBrowser
- Uninstall options
- Bugs corrections
- A lot of new files formats are supported (JP2, FPX, AVI, PCD, TTF...)
- Thread independent file update
- All files can be displayed in the view whatever file type
- Automatic file update when a change occurs in another application
- Create folder function
- Rename function can now rename a folder
- Large and small icons display mode
- Progress bar displayed in status bar
- File number displayed in status bar
- Parent folder function
- Folder history (next / previous folders list)
- Sort files function
- Automatic update of folders tree when a change occurs in another application
- Folders Drag & drop
- New icons in toolbar (View mode, File filter...)
- Show columns menu
- "Window navigation" function
- More information are displayed in tooltip when you move the mouse above
- "Open" function which runs application associated to the selected
- "Open with..." function which displays all applications associated
to the selected file type
- Hot keys to open application which have a 3DBrowser fast access
- Fast access parameters and working directory can be defined
- Automatic recall of an application when it was opened with a fast access
- 3DBrowser activation/deactivation hot key
- JPEG Lossless support : "Rotate 90°", "Rotate -90°", "Horizontal
flip", "Vertical flip", "Others modification" plugins
- Create an AVI plugin
- Uppercase/lowercase file name plugin
- "Rename file" plugin
- New buttons for resizing My computer and Favorites windows
- Toolbars in My computer and Favorites windows
- Space between thumbnails has been reduced
- 3DBrowser splash screen window
2D viewer is completely new. It's now possible to edit your image in the
2D viewer. Features of the previous release have been kept.
3D viewer is completely new, tools are now more accessible (menu, shortcuts...).
Features of the previous release have been kept.
- 3DS Max 4.x is now supported
- Lightwave 6 parser improved
- Delete/Copy/Move files operations on 3DBrowser explorer
- Directory content modification notification
Here is the list of 3DBrowser 4.0.3 new features/improvment:
New files formats support
- Read new 2D files formats: ico (windows icons), cur & ani (windows
- Read RLE bmp
Here is the list of 3DBrowser 4.0 new features/improvment:
New files formats support
- Read new 2D files formats: psd, iff, gif et tga parse improvment (256
- Fast files reading (memory read)
- 2D file conversion new feature. Following formats are supported: tiff,
jpeg, tga, bmp...
- Conversion and exportation of Lightwave, Amapi, Truespace files to 3DS
- Lightwave 6 file format now supported
- Lightwave 5 multi layered files now supported
3DBrowser shell integration
- Add an Open with 3DBrowser menu in the Windows explorer
- Fast application access new features. Open files in 3DBrowser
with the application you want.
- Files rename function
- Local path support which allows to move/rename directories which contains
3DBrowser catalogues (ie: in order to record catalogues on a CD-ROM)
- Possibility to record catalogues in each directory which contains recognized
files or in the 3DBrowser catalogues directory
- Smaller catalogues size
- Possibility to only record 2D or 3D thumbnails in the catalogue
- Fast catalogues display
- Automatic favorite creation improved (automatically sorted using the
short directory name, the hard disk and files type contained by the directory)
- Favorites menu simplification
- Possibility to use a single viewer to display files
- Possibility to switch from a thumbnail to another one from the viewers
- Full screen mode
- Better viewer positioning in independant mode
- Viewer are now open by a single click on the thumbnail
- 3D Viewer:
- Performances improvment (scene is now organized by objects)
- Complete preferences
- Textures display
- New toolbar
- Selection menu in the Materials and Objects list
- New slide show feature which allows the files contained in your favorites
folders to be displayed
- Scan computer feature improved (files search can be done in directory
and it's sub directory)
- Search results window improved (it's now possible to open a viewer
on a find file from this window)
- Explorer window improved (better network support)
- New current directory edit box in the main window
- Filter which allows all files, 2D files or 3D files only to be displayed
- Tip of the day feature
- Less restricting demo mode
- Adaptation of the 3DBrowser plugin for Lightwave 6.0
- New features to buy, register, or get technical support
- Icons improvment (better lisibility)
- New 3DBrowser preferences
- New help file using the new Windows help system
- New recognized 3D file format: Truespace, Amapi.
- 2D files format are know recognized: tga, bmp, tiff, jpef, rla, dei,
- Improved OpenGL viewer:
- New rotation controler.
- OpenGL preferences (wireframe color, semi-transparent mode...)
- Improved performances.
- New 2D viewer:
- "Zoom" tool, "Move" tool
- Layers image display feature
- New favorites:
- It's now possible to have several favorite directory level.
- It's now possible to rename favorites.
- New icons.
- 3DS Max 3.0 plugin support.
- New OpenGL viewer:
- Smooth view.
- User defined smooth angle settings.
- Smooth & Wireframe view.
- Flat & Wireframe view.
- Pan, zoom and rotation tool bar.
- Objects informations.
- Materials informations.
- Show/Hide features on objets and materials.
- 3DS Max file support
- 3DBrowser plugin for 3DS Max.
- Improved 3DBrowser plugin for Lightwave:
- Drag and drop.
- Launch 3DBrowser from Lightwave.
- Load/Save feature synchronized with 3DBrowser.
- New triangulation algorithm for better objects display in OpenGL.
- Objects and favorites are now name sorted.
- Tab key swap between favorites and explorer.
- Ctrl+Tab key minimize 3DBrowser.
- Small tool bar icons preferences setting.